Sunday, April 5, 2009

Long Time No Update!

Such a sad excuse for a blogger am I. I cannot even keep my kid blog up to date. Of course, the kids are the reason I am so behind, but that is beside the point. So once again, here is my long awaited (ok, really only long awaited by the grandparents, but still...) kid update!

Zoey had her 9 month well baby appointment March 16th, at which point she was actually 10 months old (so I am not just behind on blogging, lol). She weighed in at 21lb 7oz, putting her at the 80th percentile for weight, and stood 28.7 inches tall, which put her at 68th percentile for height. Growing girl!!! She now wears size 12-18 month clothes, which means a lot of what we bought ahead for her for the summer may be too small once summer comes!!! But maybe she'll slow down in her growing a bit. The way she eats though, I don't see that happening any time soon. Now that she's started eating nearly almost everything we eat, I fear she will soon be eating us out of house and home.

The highlight of Zoey's month and ours was her first steps on my 30th birthday. Best birthday gift a mommy could receive!! She now toddles around when she feels like it, though she still prefers crawling since she can move exceedingly fast that way. She's into absolutely everything!! On top of that, she is the typical girl and will jabber away at you nonstop if she is in the mood to chat. She already calls me MaMa and Scott DaDa and often crawls around saying "Zzz zzz zzz", so I'm thinking saying big brother's name may be next on the list.

Zan is enjoying the warmer weather we are having and has enjoyed riding his bike outside and playing ball in the yard. He's very excited about Easter next weekend, though our recent visit to meet the Easter Bunny terrified him. He would only sit for the picture if I sat next to the EB and Zan sat on my lap. Though in his defense, even I thought the bunny was kind of creepy.
Zan has gotten so grown up. He loves having conversations with us and is constantly surprising us with the things that he notices in the world around him. He's so independent now and can do pretty much all things himself- and those he can't, he still gives a shot. We are, as always, very proud of our little guy.

And now for the pictures!!


Annaliesa and Zan on their way to meet the Easter
Bunny.


Zan would only go near the big bunny if I went
with him and he got to sit on my lap. Annaliesa wouldn't give the bunny
the time of day and took off.



Zan afterwards showing off his bunny
ears.




Us at the mall carousel. Zoey took her first ride (though not on the
horse; she sat on my lap on one of the chair ones).

Zoey climbing the stairs (don't worry, grandma was directly behind her as she
did this).



My child has the WORST bed head.


Zo on St. Patty's day. My little leprechaun!!





All three of us greened up for St. Patrick's Day. Zan even got green
milk. Now each day since he's requested a different color!! LOL

2 comments:

kim said...

lol i LOVE that bed head! sofia has bedhead everyday i can't tame that girl no how.

anyway.. good to hear an update. i am very behind in updates too though

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They are getting so big! It was good to read an update!