Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Little Man Grew Up!!!!

It’s been ages since I’ve updated this blog. Mainly because somewhere along the way, I lost the log in information- which meant every time I actually found time to update it, I couldn’t get in. But today is such an important day, I figured it was high time I figure out how to get in here so that I CAN post an update.

What is today? Why is it so special? Today my little man starts KINDERGARTEN!!! I can hardly believe it. I swear just yesterday he was a newborn in my arms and today he slung his school supply laden backpack over his little shoulders and marched up the stone steps, leaving forever behind his toddler days. I tried my best not to cry as he beamed with excitement. I snapped picture after picture, capturing this moment in time, knowing that my memory too has taken its own shots of this day.

I look forward to tonight, hearing about what all he did and saw and what he learned on his very first day. I feel proud, yet nervous, knowing he will face things he’s never had to do alone before. I picture my tiny little guy with his little lunch tray, going through the line all by himself; wrestling with the milk carton just as I always used to do. I see him filing through the hallways, jumbled up in the mix of kids grades K through 5. I worry that he’ll be lost or scared, though deep down I know he will be fine and that the K kids will all stay together anyway. Zander is my little trooper- a “go with the flow” kinda guy. He’s never met a kid who wasn’t his instant friend. He’s quick with a smile and converses easily- SO not like I was as a child. I remember how I was so painfully shy and how hard it was for me to make friends. I smile knowing that it won’t be as difficult for him.

I don’t have pictures uploaded yet to put on here, but when I do, I will make sure and update!! And I’ll try not to wait so long next time! Come back soon for pics of both kids and an update on their life in general (big changes for the whole family, but we’re handling it okay and adjusting well). You will not believe how much they've both grown!!! :)

No comments: